How to Style a Mini Dress
How to Style a Mini Dress, 10 Ways to Style a Mini Dress
How to Style a Mini Dress
Mini dresses are made to show off your best features, especially in the lower half of your body. With a few simple accessories and outfit changes, you can wear your mini dress on a night out, out to brunch, or even to the beach. Try out a few different styles to pick the one you like most, and don’t be afraid to push some fashion boundaries!
1. Wear Low-Top Shoes To Look Taller
Accentuate your legs by keeping your ankles exposed. If you want to give yourself the illusion of height, stick to low-top sneakers, heels, and flats.
- It’s totally fine to throw on some ankle booties or lace-up boots too! You just might not get the long-legged look that you’re going for.
2. Balance Your Exposed Skin by Covering Up Elsewhere
Mini dresses are all about proportions. If you’re heading out without tights, you can cover up your arms with a fitted jacket or a shirt instead of wearing a plunging neckline.
- Fashion “rules” are all just guidelines, so don’t be afraid to play around with them a little bit.
- It’s the same thing in reverse: if you’re wearing tights, feel free to stick with spaghetti straps or a deep V-neck
3. Add jewelry and a handbag for a night out
These dresses are sophisticated and chic all on their own. If you’re heading out to hit the town, pick a thin necklace, some hoop earrings, and some shiny rings to make your dress the star of the show.
- Small handbags, like clutches, look best with mini dresses.
- You can wear booties or flats, depending on how cold it is outside.
4. Make a mini dress more casual with a T-shirt underneath
Not every occasion calls for a glam look. Pull-on a solid-colored cap sleeve T-shirt, then throw your mini dress on top.
- If you want to make this look a little more modern, go for a mesh or sheer top instead.
- Pair your outfit with some ankle boots and small hoop earrings for a cute and casual outfit.
- If you want to be bold, try pairing a solid-colored mini dress with an animal print top.
5. Get business casual with a large blazer
You probably can’t take this to the office, but you’ll still look great. Put on a mini dress and some kitten heels, then pair your look with a large oversized blazer.
- Add a simple chain necklace and some large sunglasses to complete this edgy outfit.
- Pull your hair back into a low bun for an even more professional look.
6. Dress down with sneakers and a jean jacket
Running errands in a mini dress has never been easier. Put on your dress and add an oversized denim jacket with some low-top sneakers.
- Put your essentials into a small backpack or a fanny pack for easy access.
- Pair this look with some simple studs and a few rings.
7. add sleeves to your dress with a button-down
If the day is just a little too chilly, give your arms some coverage with an extra layer. Put on your mini dress, then add a button-down on top. To accentuate your waist, tie the ends of the button-down together to make a cropped shirt.
- You can dress up this look with a pair of kitten heels, or you can keep it simple with ballet flats or mules.
- Grab a small handbag and some simple studs to complete this outfit.
8. Keep it cute with an oversized cardigan
Mini dresses can be a little revealing, and you can tone that down with some knitwear. Put on your mini dress and add an oversized cardigan to look cute and casual.
- Pair your look with some sandals and sunglasses to hit the beach.
- Or, grab some ballet flats and a clutch to head out to brunch.
9. Go for an edgy look with a leather jacket
Contrast the sweetness of your dress with a macho outer layer. Put on your favorite mini dress, then pair it with a black leather jacket and lace-up boots.
- Pair this look with some small sunglasses and a handbag to keep it edgy.
- Throw on some spiked jewelry to really pull this outfit together.
10. Show off a pop of skin with knee-high boots
This is a look that’s sure to turn heads on a night out. Put on your mini dress and pair it with knee-high or thigh-high boots to show off just a little bit of your legs.
- It might seem counterintuitive to cover up your legs if you’re trying to show them off, but this outfit will actually draw attention to the bit of skin that you’ve chosen to expose.
- Pair this look with a jacket and a handbag to keep the rest of your outfit simple.
How to Style a Mini Dress
Check our New Arrivals & Offers On Pinterest
Prom Dresses Through The Years, The Prom Dress Everyone Was Obsessed With the Year You Were Born Prom Dresses Through The Years 2009: Animal-Print Gowns Your 2009 prom was all about taking a trip on the wild side because anything animal print–whether it was zebra, cheetah, or leopard, as seen here–could be found on a...
How to Style Jeans, 4 Ways to Wear Jeans How to Style Jeans, Jeans are a wardrobe staple for almost everyone, but because they come in so many fits and styles, it can be tough to figure out how to wear them. Start by choosing the best fit for your body type, then zero in...